Preparation Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
This recipe will serve 8 people. 2 x tails of Salmon, skinned and butter-flied – (to make a pocket) NB: each salmon tail is to be cooked separately in the chrome cage.
- 250 grams of Halloumi – diced into cubes 2 tablespoons of tomato pesto (use a good make)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 10 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground dried Mediterranean oregano
- 1 finely chopped fennel
- 1 large onion, diced
- Zest of one lemon (try to use un-waxed variety)
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 clove of freshly chopped garlic
- 50g brown sugar
- 50g melted butter + 50g of Olive Oil
- 150ml soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. liquid smoke – this can be sourced online
- 3 good shakes of Tabasco sauce
You can double the recipe of this sauce so that you will have sufficient to serve with the salmon.
Heat the BarbeSkew grill to medium. Mix all the ingredients for the stuffing together in a bowl. For quickness this can be done in a food processor, ensure though you do not over process, it should be quite chunky in appearance.
Prepare each Fillet
Combine the basting ingredients together using a balloon whisk. Set one fillet of salmon flat onto a board fill the pocket with the stuffing mixture. Place on a piece of foil and make a parcel. Drizzle with some of the basting sauce before sealing tightly. Brush the BarbeSkew chrome cage lightly with olive oil and place the salmon within the cage, close. Cook on the BarbeSkew rotating for 30 minutes. To serve with additional basting sauce heat on a medium light until hot and slightly reduced.
When the cooking has been completed on the BarbeSkew remove and serve on a warmed serving platter. Additional sauce optional.