Preparation Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
This recipe will serve 8 people
(marinade for 3 hours)
- 250 ml container fat-free plain yogurt
- 150 grams crumbled feta cheese
- 1 small bunch of fresh basil
- 3-4 sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of good Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 cloves of peeled garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- 6 large skinless, boneless chicken breast – into 6 even size pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 3 cm pieces
In a blender – blend the yogurt, feta cheese, basil, sundried tomates, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper and rosemary. This could also be used as a marinade for vegetarian dishes.
Place the chicken in a plastic sealed container add the marinade and mix well to coat all of the chicken pieces. Marinate 3 hours in the refrigerator or overnight to further infuse the chicken.
Skewer the chicken (ensuring that each piece is tightly packed onto the BarbeSkew skewer) alternating with the red onion wedges, and green bell pepper pieces. Brush off any excess marinade before placing onto the BarbeSkew grill. Discard remaining yogurt mixture.
Grill the skewers on the BarbeSkew for 20 minutes. At this point remove one of the BarbeSkew skewers and check to see if the chicken is cooked (cut and juices will run clear).
If there is any over this can be served cold the next day with salad.