NB: You can of course use any vegetables of your choice!
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 8 – 10 mins
This recipe will serve 8 people
- 2 sweet potatoes – peel and cut into 4cm chunks
- 16 white button onions, peeled
- 4 medium courgettes cut into 2 cm slices / rounds
- 600g of firm white leeks cut into 2 cm slices
- 3 red peppers, seeded, cored and quartered
- 4 ears of corn cut into rings of 2cm sliced rounds (cut through the corn)
- 8 Portobello mushrooms – leave whole
- 4-6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of crushed Garlic
- 1 squeezed lemon
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 2 tbsp pine nut or sunflower seeds, to serve
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar plus (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of liquid smoke – for that extra BarbeSkewed flavour
- Soy sauce, to splash over
Heat the BarbeSkew grill to hot.
Place the sweet potatoes into pan of boiling water. Boil for 4-5 minutes, then drain.
Spear the vegetables onto the BarbeSkew skewers, alternating the vegetables. Mix the olive oil together with the crushed garlic, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Brush with the oil mixture, season and cook for about 8-10 minutes until softened and browned.
Fry or toast the nuts or seeds to release their aromas. Set aside.
Remove the BarbeSkew skewers from the grill and gently remove the vegetables with a fork onto your warmed serving dish. Scatter over the nuts or seeds. Drizzle with a little warm vinaigrette and soy sauce just before serving.